WELLS COUNTY INDIANA
Coll. by Chas. C. Deam and E. B. Williamson
QUERCUS ALBA X MUHLENBERG»
No. 14,131 Oct. 5, 1913
This tree was discovered by L. A. and E. B. Williamson in 1904 on the farm of John North, located on the east side of the Murray pike about 3 miles northwest of Bluffton. For a description see "Report of State Board of Forestry of Indiana11 for 191 1, page 176. The tree was reported to have been destroyed, but this was an error. In 1904 the tree was full of fruit and all of the nuts matured. This year the tree was well fruited, but the nuts aborted and only two mature nuts were found, which were planted.
This specimen is from an upper branch*
DET. IN 1901 BY G. B. SITDWOBTH